ThinkFast Interactive Assembly

Cole Peters, Staff Writer

Freshman and sophomores traded their RTI time to go to an assembly by ThinkFast Interactive. This is a team building program that taught students about the dangers on drunk driving and texting while driving.

What ThinkFast Interactive did was they hosted a game show-type activity that included multiple teams and answering questions for points.

“I thought it was good and fun because we got to play a game,” said Corbin Dingman ‘22.

“What they do is save lives and inform kids about unsafe driving,” assistant principal Debra Beals said.

The overall point of what this program does is to advise teengers who are just getting into the stage of life when they want to get on the road and start to drive. Some of those teenagers don’t fully understand how dangerous texting and driving really is. A study by the National Safety Council shows that nearly 390,000 injuries occur do to texting while driving by teens.  

“Our Thinkfast Interactive is an experiential team building, and awareness program that appeals to all ages with its professionally designed production set, sound system, music videos, and informative and engaging awareness trivia,” said the ThinkFast Interactive website.

The members of ThinkFast catch the eye of students by using modern music and prizes that appeal to students like gift cards and prizes. However, not all students were thrilled about the event.

“I think it could have been better, and some people aren’t even in driver’s training,” said Matthew Henry ‘22.

The results of this program have been promising. Since the year 2000, they have partnered with several different federal and statewide sponsorships to help do program activities. With these activities come significant results on what they spread.

Even students who didn’t like the assembly admit the message got through.

“I thought it was irrelevant….but I thought people understood the message,” said Adrianna Casteneda ‘22.

Cameron Augustine ‘22 agreed, but with one provision: “Probably, if they cared enough to listen,” he said.