Red Cross Blood Drive

Karli Boar cheeses for a quick pic while giving blood.

Haleigh Hayford, Staff Writer

Whether students are doing it to get out of class or to save lives, those who gave blood on Wednesday, Nov. 7 are ultimately doing something good for our community.

Lauren Dibble is a senior this year and has done every blood drive available to her since freshmen year. She loves to help people when she can and it’s just something she wants to do.

“I do it to get out of class. But, also to help people,” said Dibble ‘19.

Red Cross personnel were able to collect 41 total units of blood from 60 presenting donors, and two power red cells. They were just under their goal of 52 to 54 units.

Not only are students giving blood, but they’re helping run the blood drive as well. Red Cross Club adviser Andrew Hansen is the person to go to if you want to give blood or just help out. Hansen organizes events like these to contribute as much as possible.

Unfortunately, PHS has been notified that the American Red Cross will be cutting out mobile blood drives.

“This is the last guaranteed one as of right now. However, we had the drive planned and organized before the cut-off date, so we are still planning on the drive in January but are still waiting for further information. It may change,” said Hansen.

Hansen said he wanted to convey thanks to anyone who was able to help with this event. If you are willing and able to donate blood, do it, even if it’s not at school. It can save a life.