Seniors Last Season

Caleb Williams

As the 2021 school year is coming to an end, the Seniors high school athletic careers are coming to an end as well.

Adjusting to high school life as an incoming freshmen can be quite difficult, especially for athletes.  However, many seniors have found guidance along the way that jumpstarted their athletic careers. 

Dalton Shannon ‘21 has done wrestling all four years of high school. 

“The person that made the biggest impact on my high school athletic career would have to be [wresting coach] Rodd Leonard. Throughout the last four years he’s been there to keep me in line and disciplined,” said Shannon. 

Joe Mony ‘21 has played football all four years of this high school athletic career.

“Coach [Chuck] Hadley has definitely affected my high school career the most; he’s been there through thick and thin, through the wins and the losses, and he’s there for me off the field too,” said Mony about a previous head coach.

Throughout high school, students make memories that they’ll remember for the rest of their lives and this is no different for these student athletes. 

Amaya Gonzalez ‘21 participated in track during her senior year, and agrees she has made some unforgettable memories during every season.

“Building connections with the people around me,” said Gonzalez. 

Being able to build a relationship with those around you is one of the most important things that can happen in a sport. 

Vannessa Robinson played soccer every year of high school.

“I will miss all of the friendships i have made and all of the big winning moments throughout the years,” said Robinson. 

Once these seniors graduate and move on with their lives, they can look back on the role models that made such a great impact on their lives. They are able to use what they learned from the people they looked up to and make sure they set a good example for those under them.